About the Program
- Engineering & Science major students are welcome to apply
- No requirements on prior exposure in financial industry, as we value characters & attitude over industry knowledge.
About your role
Sapientia technologies apply state-of-art data technologies to quantitative trading, achieving leading results in the industry. Our approach is seamless integration of science and engineering, spanning cloud computing, high performance computing, machine learning, alternative data, financial analysis, and more.
Talents with extraordinary achievements in one of these fields will be assigned to Quantitative Researcher/Quantitative Developer/engineer tracks upon joining us. For example, we have senior AWS cloud architects, seasoned robot engineers, triple-major graduates from leading universities.
Juniors with less experience will generally start from the Quantitative Analyst track, which is a junior pool for the aforementioned senior Quantitative Researcher & Developer pool. You will assist the senior in daily trading tasks including but not limited to:
- Trade monitoring: manage the operation & risk monitoring system on real-time trading, including pre-trade check, volatility risk and risk analytics etc.
- Risk management: manage the risk index and compliance index of trading, incident management and support.
- System management: collaborate with quantitative researcher and developers to design, test and improve trading and risk monitoring system.
- Communication: coordinate and communicate with exchanges and vendors on data feed, account setup and trading related issues resolution with the exchange support team.
- Workflow automation: work with the development team to drive & implement feasible optimization solution.
- Market data analysis: liaise with prime brokers for post-trade reconciliation and clearing. Complete post-trade checks, failed trade investigations, transaction data analysis and data visualization. Identify market insight and potential risks.
About your background
- Bachelor’s degree or above majored in Science & Engineering related subjects.
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- Good data analytics skills, familiar with programming (Python) or scripting, R and Tableau.
- An effective communicator and team player
- Extremely detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethics, dependable, responsible and process driven.
- Actively involve in automating the trading monitor tasks and post-trade analysis tasks. A rare opportunity for horning technical skills (including programming, Linux maturity, data analysis) and market knowledge from live experience.
- You will report to hiring managers with leading experience in quantitative trading, and commit a lot of efforts to training up the juniors. So QA will learn from the best.
- Overall atmosphere is academic and intellectual. We have regular seminars with guest speaker who are university professors and industrial professionals, and countless ad-hoc research/technical discussions.
- Our compensation package is well above other graduate jobs, and we are aggressively developing our internal welfare.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Personal data provided will be used strictly in accordance with the relevant data protection law of Hong Kong Special Administration Region.